Tuesday, July 2, 2013

New Area

EMAIL:   Mon, July 1, 2013    10:06  AM
Subject:  new area

Hello Everyone!

How has all y'alls week been?  Mine has been pretty crazy and busy, but it has been great. On Tuesday I picked up my new companion. Her name is Sister Judd. She is 22 and blonde (just her hair color) and is from Phoenix, Arizona.  She is in the nursing program right now at BYU.  I can't tell y'all enough about how fantastic Sister Judd is.  She is so willing to go out and work even though she just came from the MTC.  She is not afraid of talking to anybody.  Our very first door we knocked on, I expected to lead the conversation and give Sister Judd a good example.  Instead, as soon as the contact opened the door, Sister Judd was talking to him and sharing the gospel with him. I don't think I said a single word that whole contact because I was so stunned and amazed at my courageous companion. I am so grateful to have a companion that talks to contacts, investigators, members, and everyone else.  Sister Judd already is an outstanding missionary! She is going to work miracles throughout her entire mission because she is very dedicated to serving a mission and seeing fruits from her labors.

Allen 5th is my new area.  It is only about a mile away from my old area of Plano 6th. The Allen 5th ward has been doing "mini missions" with their youth. Basically, they have knocked on every door in the area over the past few months and asked the people to fill out a questionnaire.  There were a few questions to see about people's interest about learning more of the truths that we share in our church. The final question asks if they would allow two young people to come share more at their homes.  So when Sister Judd and I arrived in Allen, we were handed 90 questionnaires of people that were willing to allow us to come share more. Fantastic!! Now the only problem is getting back in touch with all of these people, but I am sure with Sister Judd we will soon be seeing miracles and many new investigators. There is so much work to be done in Allen 5th, and the ward is doing it. I am so grateful to be serving in this area for my final transfer as a missionary.

Everything else is going great.  I am living with members, The Simpsons, in a very nice home. I am borrowing a bike from our Bishop Blacker. Actually something interesting is Bishop Blacker's son, Ty, served his mission in the Marshall Islands. He was there with Elder Peck (my younger brother) for about three months when Elder Peck first started serving there. Small world!
  
I love the Allen 5th Ward! I love my companion! I am so grateful to be a missionary! Sorry this is a short letter, but we are on the run today to get everything prepared for the week (I still haven't really unpacked yet since I moved in last Tuesday).

I love all y'all!!  May the Lord bless each of you in your endeavors.


Love always - Sister Peck


No comments:

Post a Comment