Thursday, July 11, 2013

Allen, TX

EMAIL:   Mon, July 8, 2013    12:51 PM
Subject:  Hello! 

How are y'all doing this week?  We have been keeping busy in Allen 5th ward. The weather has been fantastic the last week and never over 100 degrees. It has been a blessing for riding a bike around - the nice weather probably won't last too much longer though.  Sister Judd and I have been doing a lot of work to contact all of the mini mission questionnaires.  We have contacted a few and have a couple of return appointments this week.

Allen had a huge 4th of July celebration the previous weekend.  Sister Judd and I were a few miles away from the park (sadly out of our area or we would have talked to hundreds of people), and we could still clearly make out the music. It was the lead singer of the old band "Styx". Then they had a 30 minute firework show.  By this time, Sister Judd and I were home but we could see the fireworks clearly out our window. It was outstanding!  The show ended at 10:28 with just enough time for us to quickly jump into bed.

Tuesday I went on an exchange with Sister Birch that is serving up in Sherman 2nd ward.  She has a unique personality and keeps things fun and entertaining.  She chose to ride my bike because the seat looked more comfy, but my bike was a little tall for her so she did struggle getting on and off.  Sister Birch has a great potential as a missionary. We taught a lesson that was unplanned and she jumped right in and helped me teach. It was a great exchange.  Sister Judd spent that day up in Sherman 2nd and really seemed to enjoy the country up there.

One of the investigators that we are focusing on right now is named Ben.  Sister Judd and I stopped to talk to Ben on our second night in Allen.  Ben is very open-minded and had even been learning from the Jehovah's Witnesses, so he was also very willing to listen to us.  Now, he doesn't listen to the JWs. Ben meets with us a couple times a week and is really enjoying reading the Book of Mormon. He says that he knows that it is true, but he doesn't quite believe that Joseph Smith is a prophet yet.  Ben is doing great but claims no religion, so we haven't been able to set a baptismal date yet. Hopefully soon. Ben knows that I won't be in Allen much longer, so he promised to come to church this next week, and he wants to meet with us as often as possible.  He even remarked the  other day that he is grateful that we stopped to talk to him.  I am also grateful that Sister Judd and I strive to talk to everyone because now we have the great opportunity to teach Ben and invite him to come closer to the Savior.

 I love being a missionary!!! This is the greatest thing that I ever could be doing. I am so grateful to serve in the "Texas Dallas Heaven". President Durrant is the best mission president that I could hope to serve under.  I love it here in Texas. Serving the Lord brings me so much happiness and joy.  I love sharing the gospel and teaching people.

I love y'all so much! Thank you for your support and love!

My new address is
5809 Overton Drive
Allen, TX 75002

May y'all have a blessed week! Don't forget to read from the Book of Mormon every possible day. I love the Book of Mormon! It has changed my life!


Love always - Sister Peck

No comments:

Post a Comment