Tuesday, July 30, 2013

July 29, 2013 Allen, TX

Hello Y'all!!
 
I just want to tell all y'all how much I love my mission! I have loved being here in the Texas Dallas Heaven for the last 18 months of my life. I can barely believe that I have barely a week left of my mission.  I love it here, and I don't really want to leave!

 Last week was a good week. Ben came to church again.  He went to Gospel Principles without us (because Sister Judd and I were teaching sharing time,) and we heard the lesson went very well.  Ben told some of the members that he will be back at church this coming week.

The Lord provided me a little tender mercy this week... a Baptism!  Here's the story:  While I was serving in Plano 6th I spent a lot of time with a recent convert family The Solanos.  Many of you may remember the Solanos from my previous letters. They were baptized in October, they fed us cow tongue tacos, their daughter Sophia calls us the "sister-maries" and she wants to come home with me to Utah. I love the Solanos! Well, during the time that I taught the Solanos, Sister Solano's brother Ivan would often be there.  I taught Ivan the Restoration and a few other lessons.  During that time he also started truly investigating the church with the missionaries in Little Elm where he lives.  I still remember one day that I was talking with Ivan. He had been taught he first few lessons by the other missionaries. I asked if the elders had invited him to be baptized. Ivan responded no. I explained to him about baptism and overcame a few of his concerns.  That same evening, the missionaries invited him to be baptized and Ivan accepted.  Now a few months later, Ivan is going to be baptized this Saturday!! I am very excited for him!  We are planning to attend the baptism this weekend. 

    It has been wonderful to see how the gospel has changed the Solanos' lives, so much so that they can't help but share it with everyone else. Because of their examples and desire to share the gospel, Sister Solano's brother is being baptized. Her mom is also taking the lessons, so hopefully more of the Solano family will come into the fold of God.  I would hope that each of us would live the gospel in such a way that others would want to have the gospel for themselves. I would hope that we take opportunities to share the gospel whether with our family, friends, or even strangers.  Although I may be a full-time missionary now, it is each member's responsibility to always share the fullness of the restored gospel with others.  I look forward to being a missionary throughout my life and bringing many more people to know their Savior Jesus Christ and His gospel.

I love y'all so much!  I want to thank everyone that sent me encouraging and uplifting emails today and letters throughout the last week.  All of your advice, love, and support has given me strength and determination to endure to the end and work diligently as a missionary.  President Durrant recently wrote a poem that has influenced my mission. I want to share just 2 stanzas that describe how I feel. It is called "I love Jesus Christ"...
   
He died for me. He gave his life.
He lifts me up and mends all my strife.
He loves me true like no other.
He saves my soul. He's my elder brother.
I love Jesus. I love Jesus. I love Jesus Christ.
 
I'm in Texas! I love it here!
Serving the Lord brings me lots of cheer.
I'll love and serve in every way.
I'll give my all 'til the very last day.
I love Jesus! I love Jesus! I love Jesus Christ!
 
I truly love it here in Texas! I love being a missionary! I plan to work hard and diligently until the end of my mission. I am very emotional about leaving my mission, but I know that I can continue to serve the Lord even after I return home next week. to I plan to keep sharing my testimony and the light of Christ throughout my life.

 I love the gospel. I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is truly the Lord's kingdom once again restored to the earth in it's purity and fullness. I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God, and I know that Thomas S. Monson is our prophet today. I know that the Book of Mormon is true!! It has changed my life. I love sharing the gospel with the people of the Texas Dallas Mission. I love the people I have met. I love the companions I have had. I love Texas!

 I love all y'all so much.  Thanks for all of the love and support. Thanks for praying for me and encouraging me.
 
love always- Sister Peck

No comments:

Post a Comment