Friday, June 14, 2013

EMAIL:   Mon, June 10, 2013     4:54 PM
Subject:  The Gospels

Hello!

I am sorry that I don't have too much time to write today. It has been a pretty good week for us. I love being a missionary. 

I wanted to tell y'all about a challenge that President Durrant gave the missionaries this year. He asked us each to read the "Gospels" (Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John) and mark all of the references to the Gospel of Jesus Christ (Faith, Repentance, Baptism, Holy Ghost, and Endure to the End). I finished this invitation this week, and I wanted to share just a little about what I learned:   Searching for the Gospel of Jesus Christ in the Gospels was much more difficult than searching in the Book of Mormon. I have such a love and appreciation for the Book of Mormon because it is so clear and simple.  To me, there is no way to read from 2 Nephi 31 and think that we don't need to be baptized or receive the Holy Ghost. There is no way to read through Ether 3 and 12 and not understand the importance and essential nature of Faith. The Book of Mormon is so clear. I am so grateful to my Heavenly Father for providing us another witness to the reality and mission of our Savior Jesus Christ. I know that the Book of Mormon is true.

I also know that the Bible contains truth. I enjoyed reading about Christ and His miracles. Each miracle taught me a great deal about having faith.  Even though the Gospels don't often use the word "repent", I felt as though that was the message that Christ was trying to share throughout His ministry and through the parables. As I searched, I felt that Christ was beckoning each of us to repent and increase our faith and then we will have the opportunity to gain eternal life.  I really appreciate the challenge to read from the Gospels and mark the references to the Gospel of Jesus Christ. The whole Doctrine of Christ truly is taught in the Gospels.  As we learn about Christ and His gospel through the bible, it truly adds validity to the LDS Church. As we study the Bible with the Book of Mormon, our misunderstandings are cleared and we know exactly what Christ expects of each one of us. I know that we must have faith, repent, be baptized after the same manner of Christ, receive the gift of the Holy Ghost, and endure to the end. This is the gospel taught of Christ. This is the way that we can be saved and clean to return to live with our Heavenly Father again.  I am so grateful to be a missionary and teaching this gospel to all of the lovely Texans!

Everything else seems to be going great! I love sharing the gospel! I love teaching lessons! I love being a missionary!

Thanks y'all for your love and support. Thanks for the letters and the prayers and the encouragement.

I love you each so much!!!


Love always, Sister Peck

No comments:

Post a Comment