Thursday, January 12, 2012

Opening the Mission Call!!


On Wednesday, September 7, 2011, I opened my mission call.  I had waited so many years for the chance to go on a mission that the experience was almost surreal. I really had wanted a foreign mission, but I had a feeling I would end up in the United States – at least I hoped I would get to speak a new language.  Instead I read…

“Dear Sister Peck…  You are assigned to labor in the Texas Dallas Mission… You should report to the Provo Missionary Training Center on Wednesday, January 25, 2012.  You will prepare to preach the gospel in the English Language.”  

Even though Dallas, Texas may not be the mission I was hoping for, I am still super excited to be going on a mission and be serving the Lord in such a calling.




My Dad looks a tad bit surprised while holding the phone for his parents to hear the good news and listen in on the excitement.



a copy of my mission call,
signed by President Monson!!

No comments:

Post a Comment