Tuesday, April 30, 2013



EMAIL:   Mon, April 29, 2013     11:21 AM
Subject:  scripture study class

Hello Y'all!

Hope that y'all had a great week! This week flew by! Texas is really "bi-polar" in its weather. They say if you don't like the weather in Texas, wait 10 minutes. That was so true this week! I think that we experienced every season this week. One day was so cold in the morning that I was wearing my coat and 2 jackets underneath and a lot of leggings and tights. It stayed cold for most of the morning, then suddenly in the afternoon, the temperature raised and got hot - this is a problem when you are riding a bike because there is no place to store your coat... At least for today, the weather is beautiful. Y'all never know though because tomorrow the weather might be completely different.

This last week Sister Brown and I, and also the Elders that attend at our church building, tried a new idea for finding people that want to be taught the gospel. We have begun a scripture study class every Thursday evening. The goal is to have a place for investigators and members to come and learn more about the principles of the gospel. The class is also meant to be a place for members to be able to bring their friends to hear a message about our church. All of us have been doing a lot of preparation to invite people to attend the scripture study class. We passed out hundreds of flyers and had it announced in church. We recognize that it might take a couple of weeks before lots of people come, but we are looking forward to finding new investigators through our class.

The Elders taught this last week about the Godhead and we had three members from our ward that came. They did a really great job on basing as much as they could from the Bible for potential investigators that may come to the class. I think the class turned out really great (we just need to get more people there). This Thursday Sister Brown and I are going to be teaching about Jesus Christ and His Purpose. The following week will be specifically on the Atonement of Christ. I am really excited to teach a class that is open for everyone to attend and hopefully be able to feel the spirit and recognize the truth of the gospel no matter who they are.

Everything else has been pretty good. Sister Brown and I are still striving to find people and referrals to teach. The sad part of the week, our investigators seemed to have all disappeared. We didn't get to teach any of them (not for lack of trying). Hopefully we can teach all of our investigators this week or find new ones that are prepared to hear the gospel.

Even though we didn't get to teach many lessons, I have been surprisingly happy this week. Thanks for all of the prayers and thoughts. I appreciate the love and support. I am also grateful for the abundance of letters that I received this week. I am so grateful for the encouragement and the stories from home. I love all y'all so much!!

I also finished the Book of Mormon again this week. Can I just tell y'all how much I truly love the BOM!?! I know that it comes from our loving Heavenly Father to teach us, to guide us, and to bring us comfort and peace. I love the BOM!! I am so grateful to read it and know that the BOM is true! I hope that each of you are reading from the Book of Mormon every day. Reading daily and feasting upon the words of Christ has been such a blessing to my life. I hope that all y'all can experience the blessings of the BOM too.

Hope y'all have a blessed week!

Love- Sister Peck
This   picture  was   emailed to  us and  Sister Brown's 
family from a   member of the  Plano  Ward. This  
member said, "Your   daughters   are doing  well,  and  
are a joy to be around. This is the second service project
I   have  been  at   with  them,   and  they  are  very cheerful 
  and  hard  workers!  They  are a delight."



No comments:

Post a Comment