Thursday, November 1, 2012


EMAIL: Mon, October 22, 2012   1:04  PM
Subject:  I Feel So Blessed

Howdy Y'all!

The leaves are just beginning to change colors here in Texas, so I think we are finally ready for Autumn. It should be a nice break.  This week is transfers, but the great news is... I am actually not being transferred or even getting a new companion.  Sister Hansen and I will be staying in the Rowlett area for at least another 6 weeks (and hopefully I can stay through Christmas too).  I am really excited to keep the work moving here.  We have got some great people that we are working with and hope to find many more that have been prepared by the Lord.

Everything else is going well.  We have a few investigators with great potential.  Our next baptism is going to be Connor Ivanovsky- I think I told y'all a little about him last week.  He is a 9 year old from a less-active family.  I have been trying to work with this family ever since I came to Rowlett, and they finally decided that we needed to teach their son so he could be baptized.  Connor is the sweetest and the smartest kid.  We don't have to teach him much because he already knows much about the gospel, but the lessons are a great review for the entire family.  The Ivanovsky family has been coming to church and reading their scriptures - they are doing so much better than a couple of weeks ago.  The Lord is also blessing their lives as they become more active in the church.  Brother Ivanovsky was finally able to find a great job after 2 years of being unemployed.  Sister Ivanovsky is being blessed by having more time to spend with the 3 children.  The kids are doing well in school.  I know that the gospel blesses families.  When you realize this, I don't know why a family would ever want to miss church.  The Lord will bless and prosper those that keep His commandments. I will keep y'all updated on the Ivanovsky family, and make sure to look forward to Connor's baptism in a few weeks!!

I don't know if y'all remember Taylor that I taught a couple of months ago and was baptized the end of June.  She was golden!  Sadly, none of the missionaries have been able to contact her for over 2 months now.  She hasn't gone to church or any of the YSA activities that she used to faithfully attend. I haven't seen or talked to her since the end of August.  Sister Hansen and I have been to her home many times, but she won't answer the door for us.  Please pray for Taylor.  Pray that she will know the love of her Heavenly Father for each of His children.  Pray that she can recognize that her feelings of guilt can only be overcome through Christ's Atonement. Pray that the way will be opened for someone to reach out and help her through whatever is keeping her away from the gospel.  I love Taylor so much, and I know that the Lord loves her too.  It is heart-breaking to see one of my great friends and converts already fall away from the church. I know she has a great testimony. I don't even know what went wrong. I pray that I can talk to her again while I am still here in Rowlett.

Well, sorry to end on such a depressing note.  The work really is going great though.  The Harper family is doing amazing!  Rene got a calling to help in the Cub Scouts.  She is worried because there are so many rules (much different than how she treats the kids she babysits) but I know that she will do a great job. The gospel has really blessed their family temporally and spiritually.  Their daughter Lindsay, that lost the baby, is doing better- I still hope we can share the gospel with her one day. 

I love being a missionary!  This work is the Lords! I am so excited to still be here in Rowlett.  I love this area, I love the members, and I love the people and investigators.  Our mission president, President Durrant, always sings us a little song he made up, "I feel so blessed! I feel so blessed! I feel so blessed because I've got the best..."  I truly do feel that way.  I am blessed to be a missionary in the Texas Dallas Mission. I love it!!!  We are the "Mission of Miracles"!

I love y'all back home! Hope all is well. Don't forget to read your scriptures and say your prayers :)

Love always- Sister Peck!

No comments:

Post a Comment