Monday, November 19, 2012


EMAIL: Mon, November 19, 2012   2:00 PM
Subject:  Happy Thanksgiving!

Howdy Y'all!!

I just want to tell all y'all how thankful I am for each of you. I love you each so much and am so grateful for your love and support. I am very thankful to my mom. Thank you for putting up with me and still loving me. Thanks you for sending everything I need and even those things I want. Thank you for supporting me to serve a mission. You are the best mom! I love you mom!!

I am thankful to my dad. Thank you for writing me every week of my mission. I look forward to receiving those letters in the mail each week. Thank you for taking care of our family. Thank you for being an example of scripture study and prayer. Thank you for being so concerned for me and so caring. I love you dad!!

I am thankful for Libbie and Colton and Elder BakBak. I love y'all so much and am grateful to have y'all for my brothers and sister. I am grateful for the letters you write me and the love you send me. I am so grateful to Elder BakBak for his example in serving a mission right now. I love the response I get from people when I tell them I also have a brother serving a mission in the Marshall Islands. They are always amazed. I love claiming y'all as my family. I love you Elder BakBak and hope all is well down there in paradise.

I love the rest of my relatives. I can't even describe all that all y'all do for me. Thank you for the letters and the packages. Thank you for supporting me and the rest of my family. I love having such a great family! I am grateful to be related to all y'all. Thank you Nana and Papa and Grandma and Grandpa for your examples and for your love. I especially love each one of my cousins!

I am grateful for all of the teachers and friends that have influenced my life. I can't even name all of you! Thank you for teaching me the gospel. Thank you for increasing my knowledge in other school subjects. Thank y'all for working hard at what you do. I love each of you and appreciate so much how y'all have changed my life.

I love all of my friends. I am grateful for each laugh and good time that we have had. I look forward to seeing y'all again. I am so especially grateful for each one of my Sisters that are serving their own missions. How I hope that each one of you is doing well and loving the time and opportunity that y'all have to share the gospel. I love and appreciate the example each one of y'all are for me. Keep working hard and being a great missionary.

Most of all, at this time, I am grateful to be a missionary!!! I love serving the Lord! I am so grateful to be in the TDM. There is no other mission I would rather be in the entire world. I love Texas. I love my mission president, President Durrant, and his family. They are an inspiration to me. I am grateful for their love an encouragement to become the best missionary that I can be. I love each of the companions that I have had. I love y'all! Thanks for teaching me how to be a missionary and how to work hard. I can't thank each of my companions enough. I am even thankful for each of the companions that I am going to have. I know that the Lord puts us where we need to be and with the people that will help us become better. I am so grateful for all of the people that I have met in Texas. It is going to be awful to leave y'all behind. I love my converts, I love my members, I love my investigators, and I especially love every member whose house I have lived at. I am so grateful to be preaching the gospel . I am so grateful for all of the miracles that I get to see. I wish I could better describe my gratitude to all y'all that read my letters- but just know that I am so grateful for my mission. I love my mission!! I am so grateful to a Heavenly Father who loves me as an individual. I am most grateful for Jesus Christ, the Saviour of the world and the Saviour of me.

There is so much more that I am grateful for. I wish I could going on with this list, but I am running out of time...
I hope y'all can take some time this week and think about the things y'all are grateful for. Count your many blessing... see what God has done. I love y'all so much!!!!

Thanksgiving is going to be great. Don't worry- We already have had 4 people invite us over for Thanksgiving dinner and many more people for dessert. I will not go hungry on Thanksgiving. Plus, I am fixin to try some deep fried turkey this year! Apparently that is how everyone buys or cooks their thanksgiving turkeys down in Texas. Yeehaw!!

Have a blessed week!

Love, Sister Peck

No comments:

Post a Comment