Thursday, November 29, 2012


EMAIL: Mon, November 26, 2012      12:52 PM
Subject:  Hanna

Hello Y'all!

I  hope that y'all had a great Thanksgiving! My Thanksgiving "present" was... Sister Carla Squarcia. Sister Squarcia was one of my previous companions from Italy. She had finished her mission about a month ago. Very graciously, a member family from our area flew Sister Squarcia back for Thanksgiving! It was great to see her and spend some time with her!! I love Sister Squarcia! And I love the Cantwell family for their kindness to all missionaries, especially Sister Squarcia. It was a great Thanksgiving!!

We had an amazing miracle happen yesterday. One of the families at church has been bringing their son's friend named Hanna to church. This family is great, but they were a little bit cautious about letting us teach the lessons because they don't want to destroy their relationship with Hanna. So Hanna has been to church the last 3 weeks and she loves it! She wore jeans the first week- but she was so excited to come back that she went out and bought new dresses to come to church again. We gave Hanna our info and told her to call us if she had any questions. Sister Hansen has been building a relationship with Hanna at church and hoping to soon teach her. First miracle is that the member family yesterday finally decided to invite us and Hanna over tomorrow for dinner and a lesson. I am so excited to start teaching Hanna and pray that the spirit will guide us. Then the second miracle happened last night. Hanna text us to see if she could ask us a question. We called her back immediately. Hanna had been reading the For Strength of Youth Pamphlet. She read about tattoos and piercings and was worried because she had them. She expressed her concern that she wanted to keep coming to church and she was planning on going to Seminary today, but she didn't want to continue if we didn't accept that. We overcame her concern. Hanna even admitted to us that she feels guilty for the tattoos now and wishes she didn't have them. Then Hanna told us how much she loves church. She was raised and born in the Church of Christ, but she felt like she never learned anything there. She says that she has learned more the last 3 weeks at church then she ever had before. Hanna said, "I feel that my faith has increased each time I have come to y'alls church." That is amazing! What a miracle! Hanna is so prepared to hear the gospel! I am so excited for the opportunity to teach her tomorrow- I hope all continues to go well.

Once again, transfers are next week. I can't really believe that it is already the end of another transfer- the time just flies by. Sister Hansen is doing really well. I have had a great time being her companion. I have really enjoyed training her- although I think she actually trained me. I am excited for Sister Hansen and all of the opportunities and successes that she is going to have on her mission. She is a great missionary! I have learned so much from her. I am proud of Sister Hansen. She is full of charity and enthusiasm for missionary work. I know wherever she serves, she will influence the people and work her hardest. I love Sister Hansen.
I love Rowlett!! Honestly though, I feel like I am going to be transferred. I will let y'all know next Monday. It will make me super sad when I must leave this area, but I will go where the Lord wants me to go. I am trying to get over my selfishness because I really want to stay in Rowlett for Christmas and my Birthday, but I know I will be where the Lord wants me to be. Rowlett has become my home. I love the members, investigators, and everyone else there. It has been great to serve as a missionary in Rowlett for the last 5 months. I love being a missionary!

Thanks for all of the Thanksgiving cards. I love y'all. Hope y'all have a blessed week.

Love always, Sister Peck!

No comments:

Post a Comment