Tuesday, May 28, 2013

EMAIL:   Mon, May 20, 2013     4:34PM
Subject:  New Companion

Hello Y'all!

I hope that everyone has had a great week. I know that I have had a happy week. There is not too much to report, but the work is progressing and things are improving.

On Tuesday, I met my new companion. Her name is Sister Horne from Sandy, Utah. She is 20 years old and 5'2" with shoulder length brown hair. Before coming on a mission she was attending BYU for 2 years and applying to get into the accounting program. Sister Horne has a very sweet temperament. Right now, she is still very timid to do missionary work. The Texas heat, humidity, and bike riding is also difficult for a new missionary. I feel so bad for her and I try to slow down a bit especially when she is struggling. It is hard because I just want to work so hard and fast, but I guess there is a difference between working so hard that you may faint or instead living the attribute of diligence. I love Sister Horne a lot already, and she's really helping me to develop the Christlike attribute of patience. I know that Sister Horne is going to be a really great teacher of the gospel. As we practice, I can tell she has a great understanding of the gospel and already a great grasp on teaching the concepts in the lessons. I hope that we can teach many lessons together because I believe this is where we will be very powerful and have the spirit strongly as a companionship.

I think one of the hardest things on a mission is keeping track of your investigators. We try to see or talk to them every day, but there are always distractions that keep them from learning more about the gospel. One of our investigators was offended, two had family in town, and one was completely drunk over the weekend. I pray that we will be able to get back in contact with all of them and see them this week. I feel bad for Sister Horne because she hasn't even met most of our investigators even though we are constantly trying to see them.

Missionary work is great. I love talking to people about the gospel. It is so hard to believe that I only have two transfers left on my mission (3 months). I love being a missionary!! I am grateful to have the best mission president ever. I know that he is inspired of God and knows where we are supposed to be and who is supposed to be our companion. I love Plano! I love Sister Horne.

Y'all have a good week. May the Lord bless you!

love, Sister Peck


P.S. My companion's name is pronounced "horn". The E is silent. I feel bad though because sometimes when the little kids try to read her name they don't understand that the E is silent. Hopefully she learns to get over the embarrassment quickly.

New Companion - Sister Horne from Sandy, UT



No comments:

Post a Comment