Tuesday, March 26, 2013



March 25, 2013:

Hello Y'all!

I hope that y'all have had a great week. Sorry that I don't have much time to write today. Everything is going well. It is already the end of another transfer this week. Hopefully I will get to stay in the Plano 6th Ward and also get to stay on a bike. It is difficult and painful sometimes, but I have really loved riding a bike. I feel like a real missionary! It has been really great especially because Sister Brown and I have been able to talk to so many more people than when I drove in a car. I love being on a bike! I love being a missionary! I love spreading the gospel! The time of my mission is flying by so fast (which I don't really love)! I love my mission!

Sister Brown and I are still just trying to find people to teach. Things have been getting better though because we have gained the trust and confidence of much of the Plano 6th Ward now. At the beginning, most of the Relief Society was very scared to come do anything with Sister Brown and I. One of the Relief Society Counselors even threatened to ask to be released from her calling if she had to do any missionary work. Sister Brown and I are finally gaining the trust of the RS and the rest of the ward. We have had many sisters go to lessons with us and they have been sharing their spiritual experiences with the rest of the sisters. It is really great to see the progress the ward is making towards missionary work because I feel that their hearts need to be changed for us to see any baptisms this year. Their hearts are finally softening!

Sister Brown and I have worked a lot this transfer to find people that are prepared to hear the gospel. It has been hard to not really see any fruit come of our labors. In Doctrine and Covenants Section 4 it says the "field is white, already to harvest" but we have really struggled to find this white field. I do know that it is true that there are people out there prepared to hear the gospel. I have been thinking a lot about this recently and I also realized (though I know I knew this before) that someone has to be planting the seeds for the field to be ready to harvest. That is what Sister Brown and I have been doing a lot of this transfer. We have been planting seeds; seeds with people on the street, seeds with investigators, even seeds with members. I know that this is also important.

I love being a missionary! I love the Plano area! I love spreading the gospel to every person that I meet. The gospel has been such a blessing to my life and I am so grateful for it. I love my family! I love all of the teachers that I have had. I love my friends. I love each of my companions! I love Texas! I love my Savior Jesus Christ and my Heavenly Father.

I am so grateful to be a missionary, especially in this Easter season. What a great time to share the message of the restoration of the gospel and the Atonement of Jesus Christ! I love teaching others the gospel! I know that this is the only way to experience true peace and happiness in this life and the life to come.

I love Y'all so much. May y'all have a blessed week. On lds.org there are some great new Bible videos about Christ. I would encourage all y'all to watch a couple this Easter week. Then.. look forward to General Conference!!

Love Always

No comments:

Post a Comment