Tuesday, September 11, 2012


EMAIL: Mon, September 10, 2012   9:56 AM
Subject:  Transfers Again!

Hello Y'all!

So Saturday night was transfer calls. Hermana Lopez and I figured that we probably wouldn't stay together because President Durrant doesn't really like missionaries doing bilingual work. We anxiously waited for the call and it finally came about 4 minutes before we were supposed to be in bed. So the transfer news.... I am going to be staying in Rowlett and be the senior companion for the area.  My new companion is... well actually I don't know my new companion because she is probably on a plane right now just headed to Texas from the MTC.  Yep, I am going to be training a new sister missionary!  I think I am still in shock that I get the opportunity to train.  I am really excited because I know this will help me grow a lot as a missionary, and hopefully I can help her grow as a missionary too. At the same time, it is a little bit scary that I have to be in charge and responsible for the area and a brand new missionary. What I teach her now could effect her entire future as a missionary.  I am not a bad or disobedient missionary now, but I definitely need to elevate my standards and be the example. I hope that I can be the trainer that this new missionary needs. I hope that I can help her with her desire to share the gospel and fulfill her missionary purpose. It should be a great opportunity, and I am really looking forward to it!!

The rest of the week has been pretty normal around here. Nothing too exciting. Just a lot of lessons in Spanish and a few in English. The Harper Family is still doing amazing. Rene is starting to really grasp the gospel and consider the info that we share with her.  Tom is also doing very well. He has a lot of time while he is trucking during the week, so it is perfect for him to spend time reading/listening to the BOM.  He also has been listening to a lot of religious talk shows and things about Mitt Romney. Tom actually told us he is excited for Romney to run for President because then more people might come to the LDS church.  It was pretty awesome to hear that from someone who is not even a member of the church yet.  Tom is beginning to love the gospel and he is very glad his family has it.  Quilan is doing well. He saw Hna Lopez and I out tracting the other day, and he was so excited that he saw his missionaries. He is so sweet. Quinlan loves when we teach things specifically for him- we always try to do exciting visuals for him and he loves them. We actually have a lesson just for Quinlan tonight and he has been telling his parents all week that the missionaries are coming just to teach him a special lesson. I am so excited for this family. The Harpers will be interviewed for baptism this Friday night. I can't believe that their baptism is coming up so soon on Sept 22nd!!  My new missionary is so lucky to be coming into an area with a family baptism her 2nd week as a missionary! Oh how I love the Harpers!!!

Sorry this is probably a short email this week, but we have got things to do. I forgot to tell y'all earlier that Hna Lopez is going back to just Spanish work here in Rowlett. The cool thing is that she is also going to be training a new missionary!  It should be fun that we are both training and we may be able to work together sometimes while tracting, etc. to give the new Sisters more experience. I'm sure next week's email will have more info especially about my new missionary. I hope it doesn't sound like I am bragging that I get to train, because I don't feel that way at all. It is a special privilege that the Lord has entrusted me with.  All I need at this point is prayers and more support! Thanks!

I love y'all and thank you for your support. Thanks for the letters the past few weeks from the Pierces, Grandma and Grandpa, Nana and Papa, and Dad (like always!!). Thanks for the words of encouragement and advice. If y'all have any suggestions for training I would love to hear them (although I will definitely counseling a lot with the Lord too).

Love always,
Sister Peck!

No comments:

Post a Comment