Monday, May 7, 2012


Email from Sister Mc received May 7, 2012
Subject:  End of Transfer 2

Hello Y'all-

This week has been pretty good. The most exciting thing was transfer calls on Saturday night.  My current companion, Sister Walker, is going to be leaving to go open up a new sister area in Melissa, TX. I am getting a new companion. Her name is Sister Squarcia and she is from Rome, Italy. Sister Squarcia is going to be the Senior Comp but I am still the designated driver (I drive a 2010 Toyota Corolla- the exact same as my car at home except that it is bright RED). Sister Squarcia has the cutest accent and will be awesome. I am super excited that I am not leaving this transfer because I really enjoy living with the Hales. They are the best members that I could ever live with - I feel so blessed. I am also excited for a new companion that I can learn to be a better missionary from and also refocus myself on the work. It is always great to reevaluate what has been going on and how I can do better as a missionary.

This last weekend Sister Walker and I planted an entire flowerbed for one of the members. I think Grandma would be so proud of me!  It ended up looking really pretty and well done, but even better... we were planting during the "block party" so we got to meet a bunch of the neighbors. It was great and we even found an amazing person to teach, but sadly, he lives outside of our area.

Everything else is going pretty well. The day is already super busy today with Sister Walker trying to pack.  I am trying to clean for the new comp, and all of the usual Preparation Day things. We also have the new missionaries coming in today, so the new Spanish sister will be spending the night here at the Hale's tonight (so I have to be on extra good behavior... just kidding, but everything needs to be done and cleaned early for her since we won't have time tonight).

I got a bunch of letters this week. Thank you to everyone!!!! I got letters in the last 2 weeks from Colton, Libbie, Grandma and Grandpa Riches, Nana and Papa Peck, packages from Mom, and a package of letters from the Primary Kids back in Francis 2!!!!  I loved reading the letters from the Primary and they drew me all sorts of awesome pictures. Loved them!!!

I love you all. Hopefully I will have more exciting stories next week when I get my new companion tomorrow. I am sure it will be great!! Happy Mother's Day in the coming week to all the mothers out there!

Love, Sister Peck

No comments:

Post a Comment