Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Email received March 19, 2012



Dearest Everyone that reads these letters!!!


This week has been a pretty good week overall. We taught a bunch of lessons, which is always good.  Transfer calls are going to be coming this Saturday, so I will know next Monday if I am going to be transferred or not. I am really enjoying Grand Prairie and love the people, so I don't really want to be transferred but I will do whatever the Lord wants me to do.


I have realized in the last week that Dallas isn't really what a person would picture Texas to be like. There are no cowboys and it is not really southern. I have only had Tex Mex twice and BBQ twice since being out, which seems strange. Sister Heaton says that North Dallas is a little more TX than Grand Prairie. But overall it is really just another city with a lot of different races. I still love it though.


We had a specialized training/zone conference this last week for just the English missionaries around the Dallas Area. It was pretty good and I got to see all my friends from the MTC again! I am also meeting so many new elders and some new sisters which is great because then I get to hear about the missionary work all over the TDM.  About 2 days before the conference the Assistants to the Presidents called to speak to me. They asked if I could prepare a special musical number. I said I would love to, thinking that I could just play the piano. They then said that they heard that I could sing well and wanted me to sing and maybe have my companions sing too if they wanted. It took a little bit of time, but we got a something prepared in our comp study that day.  We sang "Lord, I Would Follow Thee" a capella. I was pretty amazing and everyone loved it. We started in unison then slowly split into parts with Sister Heaton keeping Soprano, Sister Cole singing Alto, and then I sang the Tenor part an octave higher almost as a descant. It was pretty cool and many people said it was the best part of the meeting. I was happy that it turned out okay, especially since we took a big chance in singing without accompaniment. Awesome!


At one of the members house this week I got to hold a blue/gold Macaw (big, giant parrot like bird). That was pretty cool. And then the member gave us free adjustments because the member is a chiropractor. That was pretty cool too, and felt so good afterward.

I don't have time to write much more, but I do love yall. Thanks for the letters.  I got ones this week from Jamee Jones, Kora and Janelle (with a super cute St. Patrick's day pkg too), Sharon and the Pierce Family, and Mom and Dad. Thanks Everybody!!!! I am slowly getting around to writing people back, so the letters will come eventually.


I love this gospel and I love being a missionary. Never be afraid to share your testimony!!! Yall will never know whose life you can bless! Thanks for all the love and support.


I love yall !!!


-Sister Peck




First Baptism

At the Zoo




No comments:

Post a Comment